The goal of holistic addiction treatment is to bring the mind, body, and spirit into alignment while treating the individual’s physical withdrawal symptoms. Finding holistic addiction treatment in Florida is as easy as making a phone call. White Sands Addiction Treatment Center in Fort Myers FL combines traditional treatment with alternative options of a more holistic nature that nurtures the whole person.
Holistic Addiction Treatment
An addict’s overall well-being is taken into consideration by focusing on both holistic therapies and the body’s physical needs during withdrawal. Holistic addiction treatment therapies can include nutrition, yoga, meditation, biofeedback, art, exercise, chiropractic care, and other wellness options. Poor nutrition, stress, and insomnia plague many addicts are problems many addicts face during recovery, and they can be helped by the principles of holistic therapies. The flexibility of holistic addiction treatment options makes it easy to customize the program to meet individual needs and accomplish the following:
- Help identify the underlying causes of addiction
- Encourage physical fitness through exercise
- Strengthen the resolve to resist cravings
- Build and nurture self-confidence
- Lessen the appeal of substance abuse
- Boost the individual’s self-esteem
- Find or develop the person’s spiritual side
Holistic Drug Rehab
The various holistic drug rehab therapies help the addict find peace of mind, calm, and emotional balance.
- Nutrition – Addicts are notorious for ignoring their needs for good wholesome food. Often they skip meals in favor of their substance of choice. Nutritionally therapy gets the body back in a healthy balance, and may include some supplements and vitamins. Good nutrition boost both physical and mental health.
- Art Therapy – Bringing out a person’s creativity provides a form of personal expression. It helps build self-esteem while relieving stress and anxiety. Creating something helps the individual feel good about his or her accomplishment.
- Exercise – Regular exercise is physically and mentally healthy. It helps to build and maintain a routine, reduce anxiety, build body strength, and help provide clarity to the mind.
- Yoga – Controlled breathing is one of the concepts yoga teaches to gain control over thoughts and emotions. The addict learns new ways of coping with the stresses of life and how to reduce anxiety. Many substance abusers are burdened with guilt and anger. Yoga positions help the person to express acceptance. Inner and outer peace are obtained in the practice of yoga.
These and other holistic drug rehab therapies help the addict to achieve inner peace and build self-esteem.
Fort Myers Holistic Addiction Treatment
White Sands Addiction Treatment Center in Fort Myers FL provides services for the greater Fort Myers area and to individuals from all over the country who choose to go through detox and rehab in a year-round beautiful tropical setting. Fort Myers holistic addiction treatment at White Sands is directed by a staff which includes board-certified doctors, medical psychiatrists, and professionally trained addiction counselors who are taught to deal with all aspects of detox and rehab. The professional team at White Sands in Fort Myers builds a treatment program around the individual. From detox through rehab, the goal is to help the addict heal and recover. Every guest at White Sands in Fort Myers is treated with respect and compassion. The surroundings are beautiful and the in-patient facilities are attractive and very comfortable. Going through detox for substance abuse isn’t easy, but the staff at White Sands makes it as comfortable as possible.
If you or a loved one is in an addictive lifestyle and want to stop the abuse to mind and body, call White Sands Addiction Treatment Center and talk to a professional counselor. A single phone call can turn a life around and save a person from the life-threatening circumstances addiction can cause.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.
About the Author
Mark is a proud alumni member of WhiteSands Treatment. After living a life of chaos, destruction and constant let downs, Mark was able to make a complete turnaround that sparked a new way of life. He is serious about his recovery along with helping others. At WhiteSands Treatment, we offer support to you in your homes or when you are out living in your daily lives.